YOU ASKED. WE ANSWERED
Q: How long will it take to vaccinate all adults in the US?
If vaccination picks up, to 1 million shots per day, in line with Biden’s promise, that timeline could bump up to spring 2022. To fully vaccinate all adults in the US by the end of this year, the pace would have to increase to about 1.3 million doses administered per day.
WHAT’S IMPORTANT TODAY
Fauci enjoys the “liberating feeling” of a new US administration
“I take no pleasure at all in being in a situation of contradicting the president. So it was really something that you didn’t feel that you could actually say something and there wouldn’t be any repercussions about it,” he said.
EU and UK leaders consider tougher border restrictions
Blaze at facility of world’s biggest vaccine maker
ON OUR RADAR
- Some Peruvian medics are going on hunger strike to demand more funding as cases of Covid-19 spiral in the country.
- “No Time to Die,” the latest film in the James Bond series and one of the most anticipated movies of 2021, has been delayed again.
- Glastonbury, Britain’s famous music festival, will be canceled for a second consecutive year amid the pandemic — an ominous sign for promoters and artists.
- With summer season in full swing, South Africans have been cautiously letting the sunshine in as the country battles its second wave of Covid-19.
- Rising tennis star Paula Badosa announced yesterday that she has tested positive for Covid-19 — the first known Australian Open player to contract the virus.
The island nation of Sri Lanka is now open to tourists from all countries. As part of efforts to prevent the spread of Covid-19, it has created a “bio bubble,” which will give visitors some freedom to travel within the country while still observing safety protocols.
“If people feel like they get angry more easily or irritated or have memory loss, even short-term memory — it’s normal. It could be a sign of loneliness.” — Stephanie Cacioppo, assistant professor of psychiatry and behavioral neuroscience at the University of Chicago
You may also like
UK coronavirus variant has been reported in 86 countries, WHO says
NASA technology can help save whale sharks says Australian marine biologist and ECOCEAN founder, Brad Norman
California Twentynine Palms: Explosives are missing from the nation’s largest Marine Corps base and an investigation is underway
Trump unhappy with his impeachment attorney’s performance, sources say
Lunar New Year 2021: Ushering in the Year of the Ox